Talent & Performance Management Specialist
Experience Needed5 Years
About the position
Our client, Kisumu Water and Sanitation Company Limited (KIWASCO) has the mandate to provide quality water and sanitation services to Kisumu City and its environs.
KIWASCO is seeking to recruit a result driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with strong people management skills to fill the position of Talent and Performance Management Specialist. Reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, the Talent and Performance Management Specialist will be responsible for the oversight of human resources functions related to training and performance management, leadership development, employee assessment and succession planning.
- Assess training needs and carry out baseline attitude surveys in order to design and implement relevant training programmes aimed at building staff capacity.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of staff induction and on-the-job orientation programmes aimed at providing new staff with relevant information about the technical and social aspects of their work.
- Develop and implement the Human Resource strategic plan in line with the organisation’s overall strategy to support its objectives.
- Lead the recruitment of all staff, selection and placement of staff to ensure that KIWASCO procures competent and highly skilled staff.
- Develop and implement Learning and Development programs for all staff to enhance their behavioural and technical competencies, personal and professional growth and ensure the organisation has the right skills at all level to enable achievement of the strategic priorities.
- Implement the organisation’s performance management policy including the setting of departmental objectives, monitoring and the annual performance appraisal to ensure that staff achieve set targets and dedicated calls.
- Prepare the performance management calendar and conduct performance management training for all staff in line with best practice
- Develop and review talent acquisition framework and tools
- Work closely with HOD’s in the execution of talent management initiatives which include effective use of talent acquisition tools, talent review, and Identification of key successors in the succession planning, career paths, personal development plans, coaching and mentoring programs across the entire company.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Coordinate weekly and monthly staff sharing forums to ensure sharing of information regarding KIWASCO’s current state of affairs.sanitation works and services.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or business related field from a recognized university
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- At least five (5) years’ experience, three (3) of which should be in a talent management role
- Knowledge about the principles, experiences and the functions of effective human resource management.
- Knowledge of performance management best practices and tools.
- Understanding of Human Resource metrics and Analytics
- Knowledge of talent management strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of current labour laws
- Knowledge of latest trends in Human Resource practice
If you fit the profile of this role, please submit your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic and professional certificates, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Interested applicants should submit applications by email only to: email@example.com. Kindly include the job code (TPMS/PKF002) in the subject of your application.
All applications must be received by 14th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).