Senior Tax Consultant
DepartmentPKF Taxation Services Limited (Mombasa)
Experience Needed5 years in Tax
Applications Time2023-02-21 - 2022-10-24
About the position
PKF Taxation Services Limited (Mombasa Office) seeks to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Tax Consultant. The job holder will report to the Tax Partner and will be responsible for carrying out activities in the Tax Department as directed by the tax partner.
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Perform engagement management activities which include; set up, planning, billing analysis, invoicing and collection.
- Handling KRA audit and ligation process.
- Preparing written submissions and lodging the same with KRA
- Representing clients at the Tax Appeals Tribunal (TAT) and at the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- Preparing tax opinions based on client`s needs and assist clients to implement the recommendations thereon;
- Review of tax returns and preparing management letters thereon.
- Undertake tax due diligence assignments and issue comprehensive reports.
- Respond to routine queries from KRA on behalf of clients
- Carry out tax health check reviews and give advice to clients on tax planning opportunities identified.
- Liaise with clients, finance department and tax advisors to gather relevant facts for analysis in regard to tax risks.
- In charge of supervising tax analysts and offering tax training to all staff within the tax department.
- Carry out tax research and stay abreast on tax changes. This will also involve preparing periodic tax alerts.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters in Taxation from an accredited College or University will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in either of the following disciplines: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, or Chartered Financial Analyst.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in tax.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; good
- Good negotiating and communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Highly assertive, well-spoken and articulate.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Detail-oriented; self-driven and pro-active.
- Commitment to organization’s vision and values.
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 24 February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.