Experience Needed15 Years
About the position
Our client, AIC Kijabe Hospital is a 350-bed facility that delivers authentic, Christ-centered, compassionate health care to patients from all parts of Kenya and beyond. The Hospital performs over 8,000 surgical procedures per year and sees over 130,000 outpatients. In addition, it has four satellite centres in Nairobi, Marira and two in Naivasha. Owned and operated under the Africa Inland Church (AIC) – Kenya, the hospital is a tertiary teaching and referral facility recognized by the Government of Kenya as a Level 5B Hospital, under the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Board (KMPDB)
Our client is seeking to recruit a visionary and strategic oriented individual with a high degree of professionalism to fill the position of Executive Director. The successful candidate will play a critical role in driving change and transformation in the Hospital. The hospital’s main priority is to find an individual with the right values, behaviors and attitudes that match those of AIC Kenya and the Christian faith.
The Executive Director will be reporting directly to the Operating Board.
• Drive the vision, strategy, and innovative thinking at the Hospital
• Provide guidance, leadership, and direction to the Senior Management Team in order to facilitate the achievement of the Hospital’s vision, mission and values
• Initiate, co-ordinate and participate in the conceptualization and development of the Hospital’s strategic plan.
• Establish and maintain an effective system of communication through the Hospital to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities of the entire workforce are clearly defined
• Coordinating the preparation of the company’s budget and ensuring effective control as per approval by the Board.
• Oversee the effective management of human resources for optimal productivity through policies and strategies that attract and retain qualified and competent staff.
• Provide leadership in business growth and customer service in line with the corporate business plan and strategy for the Hospital
• Ensure the formulation and implementation of the customer service delivery strategies for the Hospital
• Plan, coordinate and direct the day to day operation across the hospital’s departments.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of the hospital’s resources
• Spearhead resource mobilization efforts and ensure that donor directives and wishes are aligned to the Hospital’s strategic objectives
• Manage the annual operating and capital budget in consultation with the Operating Board
• Assign clear responsibilities to senior management team, and oversee the establishment of effective quality, risk management and control systems in order to increase productivity and improve organizational effectiveness
• Actively participate in community activities and ensure the hospital and the community are integrated to a harmonious co-existence.
• Provide leadership and management to create a positive and productive organizational culture
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the Operating Board
• Must be a practicing Christian willing to adhere to, abide by and sign the Statement of Faith of A.I.C Kenya.
• Master’s in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or any other related field as a minimum.
• Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
• Must have knowledge and experience of not less than fifteen (15) years of leadership and management in a comparable organization. Experience in healthcare leadership and management will be an added advantage.
• Must be visionary with ability to drive change and transformation in an organization
• Must have experience working with Boards and have a clear understanding of corporate governance.
• Should be able to articulate and inculcate the organization’s vision, mission and core values to the hospital’s stakeholders
Shortlisted candidates will be required, at the time of the interviews, to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
If you fit the profile of this position, please submit your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic and professional certificates, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Interested applicants should submit applications by email only to: email@example.com.
All applications must be received by 30 June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.